Whenever I use my pen drive in a public place like in college lab or an internet cafe and then try to use it on my computer, I will find atleast 1 virus infection, which is later dutifully cleaned by Kaspersky. Alas, it deletes the virus and leaves the autorun file as it is. You will know you have a problem when you try to open the drive contents and you are presented with a ‘open with’ window.
1. Type WindowKey+R or go to Start -> Run
2. Type cmd and click enter
3. Identity your drive letter by looking in the explorer window
4. Type it in the command prompt e.g., j:
5. type attrib -r -h -s autorun.inf 6. del autorun.inf
7. Try opening now, if it still doesn’t work try renaming the drive name.
Hope this works..